Friday 22 November 2013

What's in a name?

Now there's a question. What IS in a name?

 I've been asked three times this week if I changed my name to Willows because I'm a foresty/outsidey person. Well firstly I am NOT that person. I currently have a desk job and sneak outside when I can! But no I did not change my name. This is the very name I was born with. My Dad's family are Willows and it's a Lincolnshire name. I was once married and I didn't change it then either, I really like my name. And to be honest, it was quite handy when I got divorced because I didn't need to change anything! So there we are Willows is just who I am and it is rather nice that I like to be outside and am a Forest School Leader too.

I've also been asked why the blog is called Rounded & Grounded - well I'm pretty round and I like to think I'm grounded! No, really it came out of a conversation I was having about the education system (don't get me started on Gove and 2 year olds in school and targets and how we MEASURE children...) I was saying that the thing all children need, despite what our education system tries to force them into, is to be rounded and grounded. And the lady came back saying 'I like your bit about being rounded and grounded' and I thought hey, that's not a bad name for the blog. So there you go, here it is!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new blog Niki & how fitting that your name should be naturally be Willows.

    ReplyDelete